The Sound of Milk

I asked Lorene and Millie for a cut of the film as it stood so far.

I knew they were working on colour grading, but if the film needs the sound done sooner rather than later for the 1st cut, I needed to start before they finished colour grading.

I therefore asked Lorene for a full cut of the film as it was so far.

reason not full edit

I asked what a “10 bit one” was. I then told her the stills would probably work, as it seems like it was cause her difficulties to sent the a render of the whole film.

This, as I learned later, was a mistake on my part.

She sent me a list of the shots:

shot list facebook

so I made corresponding folders ready to receive the stills and dump the relevant sound files in the folder. It was labour intensive – for no real reason, and that labour could have been saved. That was a little frustrating.

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 21.27.51

As well, the still were in DNG format! Large and unfriendly. I could turn them into jpegs, but that’s hella labour intensive.

The stills turned out to be a little useful, but only really for reference as to whether the sound was for the right shot, which it should have been, but as stills they were not hugely useful even for this simple task.

I could not get to work.

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 21.34.33

This is why ‘Data Wrangler’ is a job, to separate the grunt simple file processing with the actual creative process of editing and mastering files!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s